please read all notes and guidelines before HURLING ANYTHING INTO THE INTERNET VOID.
General notes From Beneath the Veil of our gimmick
- Please only send one submission in one genre at a time.
- We do not require a formal cover letter, but please address the team in the plural. Be sure to include your contributor bio or artist statement (less than 300 words) in the third person. Include your Twitter handle and/or website in the bio if you have either.
- We accept simultaneous submissions, but we are currently not looking for previously published work. Also, please withdraw and notify us immediately if your work or art is accepted elsewhere.
- If you publish your work with us and later use it in another publication, all that we ask that you credit us with its first appearance.
- If we turn down your work, kindly wait one month before submitting again. If you are a past contributor: please wait at least three months from publication of your work before submitting to us again.
- We publish once a month on the 8th.
- We reserve the right to reject your work if you do not follow the following guidelines.
For written submissions
For any fiction, poetry, or creative non-fiction work please follow the provided word limits and submit through our Submittable page in a single .doc, .docx, or .pdf file.
- Please either 1.5 or double space your work
- Do not use courier or other typewriter/special fonts
- Be sure to include a title and, if there is more than one piece in your submission, make sure your titles are clearly distinguished and separated by a page break.
for visual submissions
For any visual art please follow the provided guidelines and submit no more than 3 pieces through our Submittable page.
- We accept all mediums of visual art, including illustrations, photographs, mixed media, and other artwork that can be digitally represented like sculpture, textile, etc. as long as you are the owner of the photos and the work depicted.
- Please be sure to include titles of work in the filenames of the images in either .png or .jpeg format.
- We do not require a formal cover letter but please include an artist statement (less than 300 words) along with the details of each piece, including medium and date.
What is the Internet void?
This is a good question worthy of an in-depth answer.